INSTRUCTIONS on how to apply to the Master of Arts in Teaching Program at Al-Quds Bard College
To apply for admission in 2021/2022 to the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program at Al-Quds Bard College (AQB), applicants must follow all instructions on the website as follows, including submitting an application to the below Education Above AllQatar Scholarship Programme. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the Scholarship Programme will be denied admission to the MAT program.
1- Education Above All, through Qatar Scholarship Programme, partners with Bard College at Al-Quds Bard College.Please see the Qatar Scholarship Programme Description:
The Education Above All (EAA), through Qatar Scholarship programme, partnership with Bard Collegeis a unique program at AQB in Palestine that unlocks access to quality higher education and the liberal arts for disadvantaged MAT students who demonstrate cases of financial need, and belong to or teach in historically underserved communities, such as Palestinian refugee camps and marginalized or rural areas. In addition to student support services and unique civic engagement opportunities, recipients also participate in a variety of events such as conferences and workshops, as well as work with Qatari educational institutions and organizations. The programme offers 50 graduate scholarships covering up to 90% of the tuition fees for the two years of the MAT program. The Scholarship Programme is made possible through a partnership between Bard College and EAA, through Qatar Scholarship Programme, with the support of Qatar Fund For Development (QFFD).
2- Requirements of the Scholarship:
- Be full or part time in-service teachers at public and UNRWA schools, or possibly private ones, which are evidently marginalized, rural or under-resourced;
- Demonstrate the financial need for the scholarship through the relevant section in the application form;
- Have a GPA of at least 70% or higher at the bachelor level;
- Demonstrate a passion to study at AQB and a commitment to working in the educational field after earning the MAT degree;
- Hold a Bachelor Degree with a major related to one of the offered MAT tracks (English, Mathematics, Biology, Science, or History).
Admitted students must:
- Commit to volunteering 5 hours per semester in civic engagement work for the MAT program or the Center for Teaching and Learning; This may include but is not limited to engaging students from marginalized schools in activities and research practices needed for the recipients’ research seminars and/or CRPs (Classroom Research Projects);
- Maintain an accumulative GPA above 80% during their MAT coursework/degree program;
- Participate in Qatar Connection Activities.
3- Instructions to Apply:
Students who wish to be considered for admission to the MAT must:
- Keep an eye on AQB main page website, alquds.edu, for the announcement that Al-Quds University (AQU) has made postgraduate applications available for submission.
- Obtain a postgraduate application from one of the following locations.
- Fill out the AQU application and choose Al-Quds Bard MAT program.
- Fill out the Qatar Scholarship Programme Application (the scholarship application).
- Complete an admissions interview.
The selected recipients will receive a letter of notification in order to complete the process with the college administration.
Then, MAT scholarship recipients will be provided a scholarship contract to sign and return along with the student information form.
NOTE: Phone calls are only welcome if the question has not been already addressed in any of the above instructions. If the College determines necessary, an information session can be arranged at one point. Please keep an eye on the website if interested in the program. Instructions are available in both Arabic and English.