Outreach Coordinator Position
Job description (Full-Time)
The outreach coordinator is responsible for overseeing and implementing outreach strategies and activities needed by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL), and AQB’s Collaborative for Liberal Education for Adolescents (CLEA) project, as well as the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), and the Enhanced Network Teacher Education Capacity (ENTEC) Project in Palestine and other areas of the Middle East to cultivate partnerships with new schools. The coordinator will be building connections and opportunities with the Palestinian Ministry of Education as well as public, private, and UNRWA schools in Palestine and in the region under the supervision of the directors and/or point persons of the four mentioned above projects/programs. The role of the coordinator is vital to maximize the effective representation and visibility of AQB in Palestine and in the region. Therefore, (s)he will work to establish and maintain a database for local and regional outreach opportunities and school partnerships and develop connections with new schools for professional development.
- Recruit four to six partner high schools to host extension CLEA courses.
- Coordinate CTL activities including professional development workshops and CLEA courses.
- Develop partnerships with at least 4 new schools for professional development in Palestine and who would benefit from high-quality mentoring and knowledge.
- Assist in recruiting prospective MAT students from under-resourced areas.
- Establish and maintain a database of partners including schools and districts.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities and workshops.
- Assist in communications with schools, the Ministry of Education and other departments.
- Drafting and editing quarterly reports on outreach and other activities.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, social sciences, human services, sociology, psychology, or other relevant fields of study.
- Very good command of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Preferably, at least two years of experience as an outreach coordinator or other related positions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc…
- Good reporting and technical skills.
Start Date: 1 March 2021.
Duration: 6 months with a possibility for extension.
Compensation: Salary is based on the unified Ministry of Higher Education scale.
All payments are subject to the applicable taxes in accordance with Al-Quds University policies and procedures.
Director of Center for Teaching and Learning.