AQB Undergraduate Admission
Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences particularly seeks to enroll outstanding students of strong intellectual promise who have the expressed capacities of mind and character that will empower them to thrive in academic, social, and professional environments. A successful AQB candidate is someone who will embrace the academic freedom and resources provided by our liberal arts curriculum, who will get involved in our local and international networks, and who will be a catalyst for our student population, where diversity of background and perspective fuels the process of education and serves our commitment to civil society. While admission to undergraduate program takes many factors into consideration, decisions are based on the basic requirements outlined below. The college takes into consideration the educational, political, and economical constraints that confront Palestinian students.
Undergraduate Regular Admission
Regular Admission Requirements
Applicants are expected to be highly motivated students who have excelled academically and who possess strong written and spoken English language skills. While evidence of high achievement and motivation is essential, the admission process looks closely at each applicant, carefully weighing all facets of the student’s high school experience and other relevant accomplishments. Students may apply for entry in fall or spring semester.
To be regularly accepted into the undergraduate program, students should:
- Purchase and fill out Al-Quds University application. You can waive the application-fees if you are one of the first 10 students who fill out AQB pre-admission application.
Tawjihi score of 80% or higher, or equivalent SAT, GCSE, GCE, IB, or Bagrut score (for more details check the international accepted degrees web page at AQU.
- Palestinian ministry of Education equalization certificate, if SAT, GCSE, GCE, IB, or Bagrut graduate.
- Demonstrated good or very good skills in English writing, comprehension, and conversation
- TOEFL score, if available, of 500 or above
If you meet the above criteria, you will be automatically accepted and you are encouraged after filling the application to come to AQB and meet with our admission team to receive your admission letter.
Al-Quds Bard College for Art and Sciences is an open academic venue for students who see in themselves the potential to excel and grow. Therefore, we believe in granting a provisional opportunity for students who came short in their Tawjihi scores or lack some subjects on their SAT, GCES, GCE, IB, and Bagrut. An applicant may apply to AQB provisional admission if he/she:
- Scored in Tawjihi between 72 and 80.
- Lacks 2 subjects or finished at least SAT I from the whole SAT required subjects. SAT score for each subject is 400 or above.
- Lacks 2 subjects in GCES, GCE, IB, and Bagrut.
If one of these categories applies to you, then you might be provisionally accepted into AQB for two academic semesters after you:
- Purchase and fill out Al-Quds University application and make sure you choose Al-Quds Bard College as your first choice.
- Visit AQB admission office and meet with our recruitment staff.
- AQB admission team will study your case and make recommendations.
- You will receive a notice from us either in approval or denial.
- In approval, you will be invited to an interview in English and you will be required to present high school grades (GPA above 80% in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades) and other relevant documents to support your case.
- Commits to complete the missed subjects from your international prerequisite education within the first academic year.
- If you pass the interview, you will be granted AQB provisional admission letter,
- You will be required to pay the whole tuition of the first semester, no access to financial aid, (this rule is not applicable to Tawjihi provisionally admitted students).
- You will be required to maintain a GPA above 80 in the first academic year.
English Placement Test
All AQB courses are taught in English. The college holds English placement tests in order to assess the English proficiency level of its admitted students. This test does not determine your admission. You would be already admitted if you reach the test phase. Test determines your English level, thus it helps us to select which track that fits your English capacities. AQB offers two tracks of the first-year students, the regular track and the intensive English track. This system is applicable to all admitted students at AQB. It does not exclude you if you are SAT or IB students.
Students who are interested in applying to AQB as transfer students should first be familiar with our available admission requirements, eligibility, our deadlines, and our approach to reviewing and evaluating applications for admission. Keep reading.... It's all here!
Transfer applicants may apply for enrollment starting in either fall or spring semester.
- Transfer applications for fall enrollment are available to be submitted through July till the end of August, spring enrollment can be submitted by December till early January. Specific dates will be determined by Al-Quds University Registration Office.
- Transfer applicants can apply only in the following cases:
a) A current regular enrolled student at Al-Quds University who passed one full academic semester at least with a 70% GPA or above. The applicant has to meet with AQB admission team to evaluate his/her case.
b) If approved, he needs to submit a conversion form to AQB through his AQU portal.
c) If the applicant is already a student at another local university, he needs to check with our admission office since that would involve a discretion of how many credits could be equalized into AQB transcript.
If admitted, you must respond to our offer immediately in order to proceed with your case.