Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/125906
The Civic Engagement Coordinator at Al-Quds Bard (AQB) is meant to support one of the central missions of the College, and has a three-pronged focus: the AQB community, the EAA-Qatar Scholarship Program, and the Open Society University Network (OSUN). The position works with both undergraduate and graduate (MAT) students at the College, and has primary responsibility for all aspects of civic engagement at the College. The in-person role is a full-time staff member at Al Quds Bard College in Palestine and reports directly to the AQB Director of Student Affairs.
The Coordinator will be guided in their work by the Civic Engagement Initiative Action Plan and the Civic Engagement Model devised (and approved) for the EAA-Qatar Scholarship Program. The three central components of both of these plans are: support for students-led initiatives on and off campus, outreach to create sustainable partnerships to engage AQB students in community organizations, and monitoring and evaluation of civic engagement initiatives at the College.
At the College-wide level (35%), the responsibilities of the Coordinator will be to:
- Support students in developing and implementing their student-led initiatives
- Provide training and mentorship for student leaders in sustaining their projects
- Provide workshops to faculty embedding civic engagement into their coursework as part of their experiential learning pedagogy and how civic engagement can be assessed as part of their course
- Convene a College-wide Committee on Civic Engagement to both contextualize civic engagement at AQB and in the Palestinian context, and to assess the effectiveness of the work that is being done at AQB in this area
- Supervise Global Leadership Fellows in completing their fellowship and to enhancing the CE environment at the College
- Conduct outreach to civic organizations in Palestine to create sustainable partnerships in which AQB students can engage meaningfully (including, for example, Palestine Marathon, NGO’s, human rights organizations, youth initiatives, etc.)
- Provide quarterly reports on civic engagement initiatives at the College
- Support and participate in Student Affairs-wide activities as a member of the Student Affairs Team
At the level of the EAA-Qatar Scholarship Program (35%), the Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Devising a monitoring and evaluation system for EAA-Qatar Scholars (both BA & MAT)
- Collect, track and evaluate students’ progress on a regular basis by obtaining tracking sheets and reflections from students, and feedback from host organizations
- Follow-up on students’ reporting deliverables
- Write semi-annual reports
- Work with the Qatar Scholarship Communications Officer in documenting students’ engagement in the form of success stories
- Provide support for Qatar Scholarship activities, including monitoring and evaluation, activities planned for Scholars, and university-wide events sponsored by the EAA-Qatar Scholarship Program
And on the level of OSUN (30%), the Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Organize, convene, and lead a committee of the OSUN Civic Engagement Steering Committee to explore and create a working framework for an OSUN student alumni/ae network
- Develop and present a strategy for OSUN student alumni/ae engagement
- Lead the development of a coordinated plan to implement an OSUN alumni/ae network, in collaboration with OSUN partners
- Lead stakeholder discussions and build a programmatic structure with benchmarks to determine what success of an OSUN alumni/ae would look like
- Work with the OSUN CEI team and evaluators to develop a learning and evaluation framework
- Act as the liaison/point person for AQB-OSUN Civic Engagement Initiative partnership activities
The ideal candidate for this role will be positive, engaged, committed to the values of AQB, self-driven, solution oriented with very strong problem-solving skills. They will have a strong understanding of Palestinian civil society and is well connected within that network of organizations. They will be able to see the relation between the local and the global levels of civic engagement, and is able to see the political complexities of different kinds of civic engagement.
They will be able to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects producing high quality deliverables in accordance with established deadlines. They will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, and be able to do so with a sense of humor.
Candidates interested in the role should submit a cover letter and resume to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/125906
Location: Al-Quds Bard College- Abu Dis
Type of Contract: Short-Term Employment (25 hours per week)
Duration: From the 15th of June to the 15th of September.
Al-Quds Bard College seeks an active young professional who will interact with individuals and institutions in Palestine in order to generate interest and enrollment in two Master’s programs at AQB: European Studies and American Studies.
Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program introducing a liberal arts undergraduate education to the West Bank. AQB is the only liberal arts college in the Middle East that offers a cutting-edge liberal arts education in collaboration between local and international faculty members.
The Master in European Studies Program is a prestigious postgraduate program that is implemented in close cooperation with Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf (HHUD), Germany, and divided into two parts: The first/preparatory year (two semesters) takes place at AQB college / AQU. A second year (two semesters) in an international program at HHUD will be possible for those students who fulfil the respective entry requirements. They have the chance to graduate with an HHUD Master’s degree. Students in this program receive deep knowledge about the history of Europe, the EU institutions, law and challenges that face Europe today. It links theory to empirical cases while skills of writing and analysing literature are part and parcel of the learning process.
The Master in American Studies is also a distinguished postgraduate program at Al-Quds Bard College that introduces students to political, social, and economic developments in the United States. Students in this program receive strong training in English language, writing, and deep knowledge about American people and institutions.
Both programs prepare young professionals for leadership positions in organisations that interact with global individuals and institutions. In addition, both programs are excellent stepping stones to doctoral programs in the humanities and social sciences.
AQB, at Al-Quds University, is seeking a qualified and creative candidate to serve short-term employment as Recruitment Coordinator for the European and American Master Studies programs on AQU main campus in Abu Dis. She / He will implement the recruitment process in the West Bank to attract potential candidates for the two Master programs. The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for co-planning, co-strategizing, and implementing promotional activities to market the two programs and provide dual reporting to the programs’ heads at AQB and AQB Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration. A significant aspect of this position will involve in-person visits to local agencies, businesses, and organizations where potential students might be employed. As well as the Recruitment Coordinator is required to work closely with AQB Recruitment and Communication Officer to ensure that the implemented activities are in line with the College's overall communication plan and mission.
- Identifying the targeted audience and collecting data about it.
- Co-designing and implementing a marketing strategy for the European and American Studies programs for the fall semester of 2023.
- Field visits to local organisations in order to conduct in-person recruitment and awareness efforts.
- Coordinating, designing and creating promotional materials in consultation with the AQB Recruitment team.
- Co-implementing a wide media campaign to spread the word about two programs in the targeted areas.
- Keep records of outcomes and follow up with potential beneficiaries.
- Answers calls and questions associated with the admission process.
- Keep an eye on applications, contact applicants regarding dates and times of interviews, keep a record of results and inform applicants of the status of their
applications and any follow-up needed.
- Ensuring the visibility of the two programs on AQB social media and website.
- Help other administrative units if and when needed
- Be an ambassador for AQB programs and pedagogy
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in the field of European Studies, American Studies, marketing, communications, humanities, social sciences, or related fields.
- Minimum two years of experience working in public relations, marketing, academia, or media and communication fields.
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic
- Good familiarity with using Google Suite tools, Excel sheets, and Word.
- Preferred skills: familiarity with photography, and graphic design software or programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Canvas.
Note: the recruitment coordinator will be expected to conduct numerous in-person visits to individuals and organisations in Palestine, especially in the Ramallah and Bethlehem areas.
Deadline for Application:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.