Al Quds Bard College Scholarships:
Graduates of the AMIDEAST Access and Yes Programs
Al Quds Bard College for the Arts and Sciences (AQB) in Abu Dis is now accepting applications for the Al Quds Bard College Access/YES Scholarships, funded by the U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem and supported by USAID, with assistance from AMIDEAST. The program will award 10 scholarships to bright, academically promising graduates of either the United States Department of State English Access Microscholarship or YES programs. Selected students will receive four years of tuition funding to attend AQB, with the possibility to study for one semester at Bard College in New York. AQB is an English language, Liberal Arts institution, emphasizing small, seminar-style classes, innovative approaches to teaching, and dual degrees from Bard College in New York and Al Quds University. After the second year of study, students will choose from one of the following majors: Human Rights & International Law, Media Studies, Urban Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Political Studies, Economics, and Literature & Society. Additional academic support, faculty mentorship, and professional internship opportunities will be available to accepted students.
- Must have graduated from either the United States Department of State English Access Microscholarship or the YES Programs and include a copy of their diploma with the application.
- Must not be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a legal resident of Jerusalem or the West Bank; holders of Israeli passports ineligible.
- Must have a cumulative average of 85 or above in 11th grade and the first semester of grade 12, and include a copy of their transcript with the application.
- Expected to receive a Tawjihi score of 85% or higher.
Accepted Students will begin at AQB on August 19th, 2017.
Deadline to submit an application by hand to AMIDEAST in Ramallah:
June 30th, 2017
Interested students may download an application at:
For more information, contact: